Adele K. Thomas is a Melbourne based illustrator, director and art director, with over ten years of experience in animation film and TV design, children's books, advertising and apps.
Currently Adele is illustrating two junior book series for Scholastic and Penguin Random House and would love to move into children's picture books. Her experience in animation film and TV design allows Adele to bring a lively personality and movement to her characters, expressive faces and a versatility in style & colour application.
She is passionate about illustrating books, which lead her to write and illustrate her own children's book, Animals Eat Their Veggies Too!
In recent years Adele has worked for production companies such as Working Dog Productions, Cartoon Network, Moose, Studio Moshi, Nelvana, Zac Creative and Pearson Education.
In 2017 Adele co-directed the animation feature film, Shopkins Wild and was senior art director for both Wild and Shopkins World Vacation. Both produced by Universal.
- In 2012 Adele produced, directed and designed a animated pilot for Cartoon Network/Turner Entertainment Asia. It was based around her university honor's year project. You can check out the pilot here.
- Graduated from the Queensland College of Art Griffith Film School/University in 2006, where she studied traditional animation. Adele's graduate film Vial of Youth won best animation at the Pacific Film & Television New Filmmakers Awards. Watch it here.
- Short-listed as a finalists in Children's Book Council of Australia's Crichton Award for the Monster Maintenance Manual.
- Total geek; dressing up for conventions, collecting LEGO mini figures.
- Use to do a bit of TV and Film "acting". Appearing in TV commercials, film and TV show. Still receives royalty cheques for a Scooby Do film role that was never seen.
- Enjoys time out at the gym running around a room with other people to music.
- Taught production art for animation and game students at JMC Academy.
- Sells her art work at pop culture conventions.
- A tiny bit of an Emmy belongs to Adele for her work on the Primeval Evolved online interactive adventure game, produced by Hoodlum Interactive.